Welcome to Team Stickhead FAQ Page
We will try to answer some questions about our program and specificially the Summer '18 Travel season. As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our summer program is "front loaded" meaning we participate during the month of June only. Additional trainings may take place in late May, but the summer schedule is complete by July 1st, allowing families and players the remainder of the summer for personal interests and activities. We support a cross-training approach and encourage players to consider other non-lacrosse activities.
- We held summer '18 tryouts for 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 on January 15th. However, we are still evelauting players on a case by case basis.
- 2019 players are being selected by invitation only, please register for consideration on our registration page for Team Stickhead 2019.
- 2024 & 2025 players will be selected by an evaluation process. Please register for consideration on our registration page for Team Stickhead 2024/2025. A spring tryout may be annouced and all registered players will be notified.
- Players may email us at email@example.com.
2.) Is it too late to be considered?
- No, please register or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking for players who are serious about learning the game, wanting to get better, develop smart habits, are athletic and motivated, want to develop a better game IQ & HAVE FUN!
- If this sounds like you, please drop us an email and let us know your background, head coach, school and playing experience.
3.) What is the cost to play for Team Stickhead?
- Fees are subject to change based on number & location of tournaments
- 2021 through 2025 - $850
- 2020 & 2019 - $600 (3rd tournament - additional $150)
4.) Who are the coaches for the teams?
- Head Coaches have been selected (subject to change)
- 2019 - Al Schwartz, St. Xavier HS
- 2020 - Ben Murphy, Asbury University
- 2021 - Scott Howe, St. Xavier HS
- 2022 - 2025 - TBA
- Ryan Kizer, South Oldham HS/Youth (TBA)
- Alex Cherry, Transylvania University (TBA)
- Goalie Coach - Eric Hoffman, St. Xavier HS
- Faceoff Coaches - Alex Cherry & PauL Stickel, Transylvania University
- LSM / Defense - Jake Hardy, Canisius University / Denver Elite
- Additional coaches will be annouced during the spring
5.) Will teams be grade based or age based?
- High School teams will be grade based (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Youth teams will be grade based when possible (2022, 2023, 2024, 2025)
- Team that do not have enough players for a full roster will be combined as needed (2022/23 & 2024/25)
- We reserve the right to make format changes as necessary
6.) What is the summer schedule?
- June 9/10 - Ohio Lacrosse Festival, Columbus, OH (All Teams)
- June 23/24 - Bluegrass Lacrosse Festival, Louisville, KY (All Teams)
- June 30./July 1st - NXT The Grail, Indianapolis, IN (2022, 2023, 2024, 2025)
- June 30/July 1st - MidAmerica Showcase, Indianapolis, IN (2021)
- June 30./July 1st - MidAmerica Showcase, Indianapolis, IN (2019 & 2020) - *Pending Interest / Additional Fee*
7.) When and Where are practices held?
- All practices take place at EP Sawyer State Park
- Practices are b/t the hours of 5pm & 9pm
- Typically, teams practice on Tuesday & Thursday evenings
8.) How do you communicate with players and parents?
- We utilize Team Snap during the summer session along with email correspondence
- Team parent coordinators will assist with tournament weekend logistics
9.) How is playing time determined?
- All players play equally, meaining everyone plays
- Equal playing time may be divided by games, days or weekends
- This means that players will be given equal playing time over the course of a weekend tournament, not necessarily game by game.
- Parents should use the 24 hour rule when discussing playing time with head coaches or program directors
Additional information will be posted, so please check back periodically for updates.